Updated: 25-10-2012 18:56 | Contributors
CHRYSANTHE SOTIROPOULOU was born in Akrata, Greece.
- Artistic Director of the Athens ANIMFEST. - Assistant Professor Theater Studies Department, University of Patras where she teaches film history and theory. She is also Coordinating Professor at the Free Open University where she lectures on subjects of Greek Culture.
- Ph.D in Political Science from the Athens University School of Law.
- Graduate of the School of Political Science and Civil Law of the Athens University School of Law.
- Degree Candidate, Law Department, University of Athens
- Stavrakos Film School - Film directing department.
- History of Art seminars in Paris.
- Greek cinematography 1965-1975, institutional framework, financial situation. Themelios Pub., Athens 1989.
- The Diaspora in Greek cinema - effects and influences on the thematic development of the films of the period 1945-1986. Themelio Pub., Athens 1995.
- Megalexandros in close-up, Themelio Pub., Athens 1995.
- Moving Landscapes: Film images of the Greek environment. Metechmio Pub. 2001
Her articles, studies and introductions on matters of film theory have been published in: Film, Synchronos Kinimatographos (Contemporary Cinema), Epichirimata (Arguments), etc.
-1980-1990. Ministry of Culture executive on film issues (production-distribution of Greek films, cine clubs, European cinema, organizing events for the European Year of Cinema and for Athens: Cultural Capital of Europe).
-1990-1992. Member of the scientific team of the National Center for Social Research conducted research throughout Greece on the subject: Films and their audiences.
-Taught educational seminars for cultural executives and post-graduate students at the Pantion University in Athens, the Greek Film Directors Guild and various municipalities.
-Taught at private professional film and photography schools.
-Lectured at the Institute of Modern Greek Studies in Palermo and the Greek Cultural Foundation in Alexandria.
-2001-2002 Taught the "History of Cinema" course at the Karolos Koun Art Theater School.
-2003-... Assistant Professor in the Theater Studies Department of the University of Patras where she teaches film history and theory.
-2004-... Coordinating Professor at the Free Open University where she lectures on subjects of Greek culture.
-Co-wrote with Vassilis Boutos the script for 20 episodes of the television series "Blood libel" that was aired on the Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation's ET-1 channel and is based on Vassilis Boutos' homonymous novel.
-Co-wrote with Vassilis Boutos the script for the feature film "Last Resurrection" which his based on Vassilis Boutos' novel "The Queen's Tears".
-Co-wrote with Vassilis Boutos the script of the feature film "Ioannis-Maria of the fall", based on V. Boutos' homonymous novel.
-Member of the board of Studio-Parallel Circuit and of the Greek Film Critics Union, of which she was vice-president in the period 2000-2001.
-In collaboration with the Greek Federation of Cine Clubs and the Municipal Theaters Network she organizes events and lectures on film subjects.