Updated: 06-11-2013 16:55 | Artists
Dr. Soon-Hwa OH is a photographer, curator, and lecturer in photography. She holds an MFA from School of Visual Arts and Ed.D from Columbia University in New York.
Her main subjects of photography focus on women and identity in relation with their familial structure. She has participated over fifty five exhibitions internationally, as:
- Noorderlicht Photo Festival
- Lucca Photo Fest in Italy
- Pingyao International Photo Festival in China
- National Portrait Gallery in London
- Midlands Arts Centre in Birmingham
- Houston FotoFest
- the Ssamzi Art Space
- Asian American Art Center, the Society for Contemporary Photography
- Korean Cultural Centre in Los Angeles
- Sotheby’s Young International Art Program.
Her recent curatorial show was at the National Museum of Singapore.
She is a recipient of Ohio Arts Council Fellowship, Korea Arts Council Fellowship, and Aaron Siskind Memorial Scholarship.
In 2008, she attended the UNESCO-Aschberg Bursaries Program at the Sanskriti Artist Residency in India.
Currently, she is an associate professor and the coordinator of the photography and digital imaging program at School of Art, Design and Media, Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
Mobile: +65 9478 1294